United for Healthier Kids can help you strike the right nutritional balance with these practical steps:
• Get your kids involved in the kitchen – from shopping for fun foods to helping to prepare and your kid’s favourite recipes
• Show your kids a positive example by eating a variety of foods
• Use fruit and vegetables to create characters and settings to tell fun stories at mealtimes
• Avoid restricting foods or putting too much pressure on your kids to always eat healthier foods
• Overcome picky eater tendencies by rewarding your kids with non-food treats for choosing healthier options
For simple, fun ways to embrace this healthier habit, take a look at the tips below.